Implantology is a discipline that includes the application methods of implants applied in ophthalmology, orthopedics, and dentistry. We can also say that it is a branch of knowledge in which implant applications are made, and the relevant information is examined.
Implantology is the branch in which studies are carried out in the field of developing methods related to implant treatment and applications, conducting examinations, and compiling information.
A dental implant is simply a replacement tooth root. Patients who need removable or fixed teeth are associated with the implant. Because the implant offers strong and permanent solutions for artificial teeth in these patients, in other words, it is an artificial tooth root placed in the mouth to support prostheses used in applications such as dental implants, bridges, and dentures.
The first step in dental implant treatment is to determine the patient's needs and make a plan accordingly. Afterward, the tooth root, made of titanium, is placed in the missing tooth bone socket. As the jawbone heals, the implant attaches securely to the jawbone. After the complete attachment process, the upper structure is placed, and prosthetic teeth are applied to the upper structure. The applied replacement teeth look exactly like your own teeth when the procedure is completed.
Dental implant is not a method that can be applied to everyone. People whose health condition is not suitable for the procedure, people with unsuitable jawbone structure, people with harmful diseases, especially high diabetes patients and blood pressure patients, should not have the treatment.
There are many important advantages in implant treatment. With these advantages, it has become trendy in recent years. These advantages are:
• Implant application protects your natural tooth appearance.
• They are permanent as they are designed to merge with the bone.
• Wrong prosthesis applications can negatively affect the pronunciation ability of the person, while there is no such possibility with implants.
• Forms perfect tooth root.
• It prevents eating problems that are frequently experienced in dentures. While you eat like your own natural teeth, you also enjoy more of what you eat.
• During the treatment, other teeth are not damaged.
• It provides easier and increased oral hygiene.
• It is an application that can be permanent for a lifetime.
• Although the implant prices are higher than other applications, it is more advantageous because it offers a permanent solution.
The duration of implant treatment varies. In general, the treatment process varies between 2-9 months.
No special care is required after implant treatment. As a standard, it will be sufficient to perform the cleaning procedures you do on your teeth.
The treatment can be applied to any patient with sufficient bone tissue and does not have serious diseases. People with high blood sugar and blood pressure are in the risk group. These people should see their doctor for treatment.
Before implant treatment, the patient should act following the doctor's recommendations. Before such operations, drugs and foods with blood-thinning effects should not be taken.
Dentists see implant treatment as a lifetime treatment. In other words, it is one of the treatment methods with very high permanence.
There is no risk in implant treatment, except for common oral treatments or surgical treatments.
If you want to receive implant treatment, you should apply to dentistry specialists. You can reach us from our contact information and make an appointment quickly. You can also get information about implant prices for 2021 in your appointments.