Laminated Dental Veneer
What is Laminated Dental Veneer?
Laminated dental veneer is a type of veneer with the least filing on the tooth. It is applied as a thin layer on the healthy tooth. It is the most protective prosthesis application as a small rasping is applied on the tooth. It is also known as leaf porcelain.
How is Leaf Porcelain Made?
Before starting the treatment, the patient is given local anesthesia. In this way, pain or pain is not felt at any stage of the treatment, including the filing process.
- First of all, the patient's expectations are learned. A modeling is made according to the patient's expectations and the patient is informed about the possible results.
- In the second session, the patient is given local anesthesia and the treatment is started. The first stage of treatment is grinding.
- After the grinding process, the size of the teeth to be coated with laminated dental veneer is measured.
- After the measurement is taken, it should be waited for the teeth to be ready for a second operation. The waiting time is on average 1 week.
- After the teeth and molds are ready, a rehearsal is done. At this stage, the color of the veneers and whether they are compatible with the teeth are checked.
- After the conformity is achieved, the coating process is started.
- After the bonding is completed, the treatment is completed.
To Whom Can Laminated Dental Veneer Be Applied?
Laminated dental veneers are made in the following cases:
- To close the gaps in the front teeth,
- In cases where the aesthetic appearance on the front surfaces of the teeth is disturbed,
- In hypoplasia and malformations in the enamel layer,
- In the repair of disorientated teeth,
- In tooth discoloration caused by various reasons,
- In restoring broken or worn teeth.
What are the Advantages of Leaf Porcelain?
The advantages of laminated dental veneers are as follows:
- With the thin porcelain layer used in leaf porcelain coating, it eliminates the problem of yellowing teeth with tea, cigarette and coffee stains.
- It has the advantage of being treated without damaging the natural structure of the teeth.
- As a result of the treatment, a natural white color and natural tooth form is achieved.
- It can be applied to a single tooth or more than one tooth.
- It provides a smooth surface on the tooth coating.
- It is a type of coating that does not cause darkening with cigarette, tea, coffee consumption.
- Resistant to breaking and stretching processes. In this way, it can be used for a long time.
- Since the adhesive used is a strong adhesive, the risk of falling of the coatings is eliminated.
Who is not suitable for Leaf Porcelain Treatment?
Laminated dental veneer treatment cannot be applied in the following cases:
- Patients with poor oral hygiene,
- Patients who have the habit of grinding and clenching their teeth,
- Patients with high caries formation,
- Crooked and rotated teeth,
- In cases where there is a misalignment between the lower and upper teeth,
- Teeth where healthy enamel tissue is not enough.
How Long Does Laminated Dental Veneer Last?
The life of leaf porcelain coatings varies between 5 and 15 years. However, with controls and good oral care, it is possible to extend the life of laminates.
How Much Are Laminated Dental Veneer 2022 Prices?
Leaf porcelain prices vary from person to person. Because the number of coatings to be made and the presence of additional treatments to be applied affect the price. For this reason, you should first be examined by a dentist for clear price information.
For detailed information about laminated dental veneer treatment, you can contact us at our contact numbers or make an online appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Laminated Teeth Permanent?
Leaf porcelain is a permanent treatment. In this way, you will not face a problem such as falling or coming out while eating or talking.
Since the treatment applied is permanent, your opinion is taken and progressed during the treatment. In this way, you will have teeth that meet your expectations at the end of the treatment.
Does Laminate Treatment Damage Teeth?
While applying the laminate treatment, some tooth enamel is removed. Therefore, your teeth become sensitive to hot and cold foods. However, this is temporary.
Can Laminate Be Applied to Every Tooth?
Laminate is a treatment that can be applied to any tooth with problems. However, it is often preferred by people who have aesthetic concerns in their front teeth.
Can Changes Be Seen Before Laminate Treatment?
The most suitable laminate veneer model is prepared according to your face shape and expectations. In this way, you can see what kind of teeth you will have at the end of the treatment.