Benefits Of Snoring Attachment
Snoring and related sleep apnea is a problem that adversely affects the quality of life along with sleep quality.
Therefore, it is necessary to treat, prevent snoring during sleep. With the snoring apparatus used for this purpose, the negativities that develop due to snoring and snoring can be eliminated.
What is Snoring?
During sleep, the air passing through the narrowed airway during breathing hits the surrounding soft tissues. The sound created by the vibrations generated by the effect of this impact is called snoring. Factors such as overweight, alcohol and cigarette use, stress are the factors that lead to snoring. At the same time, these factors can also lead to sleep apnea problems.
For this reason, snoring and sleep apnea are related diseases. In fact, sleep apnea is also seen in 75% of people who snore. Therefore, snoring should definitely be treated.
It is possible to treat snoring and therefore sleep apnea with non-surgical methods.
How to Treat Snoring?
There are basically 3 different treatment methods for snoring.
However, people who complain of snoring should definitely be examined by an otolaryngologist before the dentist. Treatment methods;
1. Surgical Method: It was a method applied by otolaryngologists. It is applied to expand and relieve the areas that form the blockage, contraction.
2. Snoring Appliance: With the intraoral apparatus, the problem of snoring can be treated quickly, effectively and without the need for a surgical intervention.
3. Mask Method: It is a treatment method in which compressed air is given to the throat. However, it is not preferred much because it is uncomfortable.
What is the Snoring Appliance?
The snoring appliance is also known as the snoring prosthesis.
This prosthesis is an oral apparatus that is specially produced and serves to keep the airway open, which narrows or closes completely during sleep. Its purpose is to prevent snoring and improve it in the long term.
Snoring positions the apparatus in such a way that the lower jaw is in front and with some opening.
However, this opening does not prevent the lips from closing.
In addition, it does not cause strain on the jaw or any deformation or pain.
The snoring prosthesis not only keeps the airway open, but also strengthens the muscles that relax during sleep and supports recovery.
How is the Snoring Appliance Made?
First of all, a detailed examination is required. If there is no problem that will prevent the use of the snoring apparatus, the mouth is measured and the mouth is photographed.
In this way, mistakes that may occur during the production of the snoring prosthesis are prevented. The process of taking measurements takes about 10 minutes.
In the second session, the doctor informs the patient about how to use the snoring apparatus, how to clean it and the snoring apparatus is delivered.
The construction phase of the prosthesis is quite simple and comfortable.
Advantages of Snoring Prosthesis
The snoring appliance has several advantages. These advantages are;
- It shows its effect from the moment it is used. In this way, very fast results are obtained.
- It does not interfere in any way with falling asleep. Therefore, it is a comfortable treatment.
- Offers an effective solution without the need for surgical interventions.
- Regular use for 6 months tightens the muscle structures that cause snoring. In this way, it allows snoring to be treated.
- It is a cheap and fast method. The snoring apparatus can be delivered within 1-2 days.
- It has a success rate of up to 95%.
- It is not difficult for patients to get used to and accept the prosthesis.
- Does not put pressure on teeth and surrounding tissues. Therefore, it has a structure that does not harm and does not force the jaw.
- Prevents damage caused by teeth grinding,
- It is specially designed for the person. In this way, maximum comfort is achieved.
- Longer life.
- It allows for flexibility. Thus, it is self-adjusting.
- Fits in a small denture cup. In this way, it can be easily transported anywhere.
- It is cheaper than other treatment methods.
- Many scientific studies mention its therapeutic effect.