4 Golden Rules About the Hollywood Smile
Having a beautiful and aesthetic smile not only increases your self-confidence, but also contributes positively to your communication with people. For this reason, the whiteness of the teeth, the proportion of the teeth to each other, healthy gums and lip harmony and the Hollywood smile are among the indispensable applications of recent years.
What is the Hollywood Smile?
The Hollywood smile is a form of treatment that covers the preferred applications to achieve an aesthetic smile.
Its main purposes are as follows:
- To provide a symmetrical smile
- To eliminate self-confidence due to bad-looking tooth structure
- Achieving an aesthetically pleasing appearance
- Creating an ideal smile for one's face
What are the Procedures?
The smile you should have varies according to your age, facial features, lip shape and gender. For this reason, the procedures applied to everyone for a Hollywood smile are not exactly the same. Although the procedures applied during the treatment vary, the goal is to have an aesthetic smile.
The procedures that can be applied for a Hollywood smile are as follows:
- Teeth Whitening: One of the indispensable elements of a perfect smile is white teeth. For this reason, teeth whitening is the most common procedure for a Hollywood smile. The teeth whitening procedure is applied to lighten the tone of your teeth or to remove the discoloration with the method your dentist deems appropriate. There are teeth whitening methods applied in the office and home environment. If your dentist deems it appropriate, these two methods can be applied in combination.
- Porcelain Veneer: It is a leaf porcelain veneer applied for teeth with bad aesthetic appearance such as crooked, intermittent, broken, yellow colored. It is applied on the front parts of the teeth after the tooth surfaces have been abraded very little. It is a very short-term procedure that ensures the preservation of the tooth structure. Thanks to its light transmission feature, it cannot be distinguished from the original teeth and does not change color. In this way, a natural image is captured as much as possible.
- Gum Aesthetics: It is applied if the gums are asymmetrical or too visible.
- Implant Treatment: It is the application for missing teeth that impair dental aesthetics. After the titanium implants, which form an artificial tooth root, are placed in the bone, a dental prosthesis is applied. It can be applied in single or multiple tooth loss.
4 Golden Rules for a Hollywood Smile
Rules are very important for a Hollywood smile. Because many factors should be considered in order to achieve the aesthetic smile you want. Therefore, the experience of the dentist is very important.
The factors to consider in a Hollywood smile are as follows:
- The upper anterior teeth should not contain any visible fillings. The upper central incisors should be more prominent and anterior than the other teeth. The lower incisors should be visible when smiling, the upper dental arch should be wide and visible up to the first molar.
- The lip line in women is 1.5 mm higher than in men. For this reason, it is considered normal for the gums to be visible up to 1-2 mm in a woman's smile. In addition, the lips must be symmetrical.
- The lip width should be at least half of the face.
- The desired smile expression should be explained to the dentist. In this way, it is possible to get the most efficient and effective result.
In the Hollywood smile application, smile expressions are generally collected under 3 main headings. However, each smile expression can have different variations for the person.
The smile expressions are as follows:
- Sporty Smile: The central incisors are slightly longer than the lateral teeth. A sincere and warmer smile is aimed.
- Attractive Smile: The front teeth are noticeably longer than the side teeth. It is generally applied for young patients.
- Intellectual Smile: Teeth are lined up on a horizontal and straight line. The lower part of the face is emphasized more.