Aesthetic Smile Design in Turkey
Patients who come to Turkey for dental treatment mostly prefer aesthetic dentistry treatments such as veneers, teeth whitening, pink aesthetics among the treatments under aesthetic smile design. They prefer these treatments in our country because they see many of these treatments as more affordable and better quality than the alternatives in their own countries, so they apply to our country intensively for dental treatments.
Why Turkey for Aesthetic Smile Design?
Patients coming mostly from Europe to our country think that the treatment costs are quite low due to the exchange rate. Therefore, patients without urgent health problems prefer Turkey for smile design.
Reasons for preferring aesthetic smile design in Turkey are as follows:
- The opportunity to have treatment at a more affordable cost,
- The success and longevity of dental treatments,
- It can be combined with sun and cultural tourism.
- The ease of finding quality materials
- The presence of expert dentists in the field.
What is Esthetic Smile Design?
Smile design is the designing of a personalized smile by combining the techniques and technologies of dentistry with art. In esthetic smile design the anatomy of the face, the patient's desires and the recommendations of the dentist are effective.
The aim of smile design is to provide aesthetics with minimal preparation of the dental structures and to give the person the most natural aesthetic appearance.
Which Procedures Does it Include?
Aesthetic smile design is not exactly a treatment, it is a treatment process. Therefore, this situation varies from person to person. Because every patient's aesthetic requirements are different. Therefore, the procedures to be applied will also vary.
When determining the procedures to be applied in smile design, the patient's facial features, gender, age and expectations are taken into consideration. The procedures that can be applied are as follows:
- Dental esthetic interventions called gingivectomy
- Teeth whitening methods
- Treatment of missing teeth with implant and prosthesis applications
- Porcelain laminates
- Zirconium coatings
- Orthodontic treatments (braces or clear aligners)
What are the Criteria for Smile Design?
When designing a smile, many details about the patient are taken into consideration and a modeling is created accordingly. The criteria that are considered in aesthetic smile design are as follows:
- Gingival levels and harmony
- Zenith points
- Incisal length
- Dental characters
- Color of teeth
- Shape and position of teeth
- Smile line
- Gingival health and interdental embrasures
- Axis of teeth
- Interdental contact areas
- Tooth dimensions
- Lip and cheek supports
- Personality traits
- Lower lip position
- Harmony of teeth with each other according to the golden ratio
- Incisal curve
- Face shape and lips
Who is Suitable for Smile Aesthetics?
Aesthetic smile design can be applied to the following individuals:
- People with discoloration, darkening, yellowing or staining on the tooth surface
- People with an irregular structure and unequal tooth lengths
- Those with missing, broken or cracked teeth
- People with symmetry disorders between their teeth and gums
- People who are not satisfied with the appearance of their teeth arrangement
What Will I Encounter in the First Appointment for Smile Design?
In the appointment for digital smile design, photos and videos will be taken. At the same time, measurements of your upper and lower jaw will be taken to create the most suitable design for you.
What Is Done Before Smile Design?
Oral and dental health is examined before smile design. In this examination;
- Tooth length,
- Tooth discoloration/darkening,
- Tooth staining,
- Cracked or broken teeth,
- Tooth and gum problems,
- Crooked teeth,
- Tooth loss and other problems are identified.
The problems identified before starting dental esthetic design are resolved. Then, the smile design process begins.
It is crucial to identify and treat these problems correctly before the design process. Therefore, expert dentists in this field should be preferred.
How Many Sessions Does Aesthetic Smile Design Take?
The process of creating the design and showing it to you in your mouth takes an average of 2 sessions. Your records are taken during the first session and the design is shown to you in your mouth during the second session.
After the design is finalized treatment begins according to the determined methods. Subsequent sessions may vary depending on the condition of your teeth and the procedure, but generally results can be achieved in 3 sessions.