Aestıhetıc Dental Fıllıng Operatıons
Aesthetic tooth filling is the creation of a natural and aesthetic smile design by using composite materials. The material used is chosen according to the color of the person's teeth, aiming to capture a natural image. The applied composite filling is cured with halogen light and chemically bonded to the tooth.
Purpose of Aesthetic Filling
Aesthetic tooth filling can be applied to all teeth in the mouth. Composite filling, which is suitable for both anterior and posterior teeth, is preferred aesthetically instead of amalgam fillings because it is shiny and suitable for tooth color.
In Which Situations Is Aesthetic Filling Applied?
Aesthetic filling is an operation that can be applied in the following cases:
- Aesthetic completion of broken teeth.
- Instead of amalgam fillings in the treatment of decayed teeth.
- In the improvement of permanent color deformations in teeth.
- To close the spaces between the teeth.
- In the process of shaping teeth in smile design applications.
- For tooth alignments or extensions.
The Reason for Preferring Aesthetic Fillings
Amalgam fillings used in the past created a bad image in terms of color. While the tooth had a carious appearance, the aesthetic structure was largely lost. Aesthetic tooth filling is preferred for the following reasons:
- It is suitable for the natural tooth structure of the person in terms of color and shape,
- The filling borders are not clear in the filling made and it provides a homogeneous appearance,
- Even the person who has the procedure cannot distinguish the filling from his own tooth,
- Thanks to technological developments, they have a longer-lasting material content that is stronger and more durable than metal fillings,
- Smile design can be done quickly,
- Providing an aesthetic and healthy structure
Lifespan of Aesthetic Fillings
The life of the aesthetic tooth filling, which has an extremely strong and durable structure, is related to the routine oral care of the person. These fillings are very long-lasting if necessary attention is paid to routine oral care after the operation and regular dental check-ups are performed for 6 months. In these dentist controls, your composite fillings are taken care of and their polishes are renewed, thus ensuring that your aesthetic fillings last much longer.
Aesthetic Filling Operations in Anterior Teeth
Bonding is the most preferred method when using aesthetic dental fillings on anterior teeth. Although the bonding application can be applied to all teeth, it is mostly preferred for anterior teeth in terms of application success.
The main reason for the success in bonding applications is the ability of the material used to imitate the tooth tissue. Before the application, factors such as the natural tooth color, the color of the teeth that will be excluded from the procedure, the color match between the teeth and gums should be evaluated well. Otherwise, an aesthetic procedure may cause a bad image. For this reason, it is very important to choose a specialist physician for bonding procedures.
Bonding process, or composite lamina restoration, is a type of operation usually performed in a single session and in a short time. After the color selection is made according to the criteria we mentioned before, the condition of the teeth is evaluated. If there is no excessive amount of defect in the teeth, the preparation is not applied and the teeth are isolated. The composite material to be applied is placed on the teeth in layers and the operation begins. In order to prevent discoloration that may occur over time, the operation is completed by performing appropriate polishing processes.
Aesthetic Filling Operations in Posterior Teeth
The aesthetic dental fillings applied to the posterior teeth are mostly porcelain inlay and onlay fillings. Thanks to this method, porcelain ceramic filling can be applied to patients who have to apply prosthesis because there is not enough healthy tissue. In this way, besides the aesthetic appearance, the functionality of the teeth is preserved, and an important treatment is carried out in terms of network health.
Inlay and Onlay Filling
It is a treatment method applied in large decays that cannot be resolved with ordinary filling processes. It is not a fast process like the bonding application. These types of aesthetic dental fillings are applied after they are produced in laboratories after special measurements.
Inlay fillings are an operation applied in cases where only one surface of the tooth is damaged. The tooth structure is strengthened by completely filling the tooth cavity.
Onlay fillings are an operation applied in cases where more than one surface of a tooth is damaged. The operation, which strengthens the tooth structure by closing all the openings, also increases the stability of the tooth.
How is Aesthetic Filling Performed?
Aesthetic filling is a very simple procedure as well as a very comfortable one. It is a single session painless and painless operation. It is a filling that is frequently used in smile design. Its application is as follows:
- Before the procedure, the area to be treated is anesthetized with local anesthesia.
- Damaged teeth are cleaned from caries and made healthy.
- The tooth is shaped for better adhesion of the composite filling.
- Beveling is applied in order to ensure that the filling material adheres well to the tooth.
- After the tooth enamel surface is smoothed, bonding is applied.
- The filling material is prepared in the appropriate color and shape and placed in the tooth cavities.
- The filler is repeatedly exposed to radiation in each process. Thus, better hardening and strength of the material is ensured.
- The smoothed filling is subjected to polishing and the operation is terminated.