All About the All On Six Technique
While tooth loss has a vital importance on life functions, it also worries people in terms of aesthetics. So for that people with tooth loss try to hide their teeth while laughing and even talking. In cases where there is a lot of tooth loss, your teeth can be reconstructed with the all on six technique. In this way, while your living comfort increases, you will feel much more comfortable in your social life.
What Is the All On Six Technique?
All on six technique is a dental treatment used to reconstruct a person's mouth in cases where a significant number of teeth are lost in one or both jaws. This treatment allows the person to replace all their teeth with natural-looking and natural-feeling dental implants at the same time.
The All on six technique typically does not require a bone graft. Therefore, it is the best solution for people with low bone density or volume in their jaws.
This treatment offers a long-term and stable treatment as an alternative to traditional prostheses.
What is the Treatment Process?
The duration of treatment may be prolonged when a bone graft is required or for other reasons. Therefore, the duration of treatment varies from person to person. You should be examined for the most accurate information and learn the treatment process planned by your dentist.
- During the procedure, dental implants are placed in the jawbone with local anesthesia. Therefore, there is no pain sensation during the procedure.
- After the implants are healed, the dental bridge is fixed to the implants.
- With the improvement in the first 3 months after the procedure, the bones and gums change shape to adapt to the new fixture. During this time, care should be taken when eating foods that are hard or chewed too much.
What kind of a process awaits you after the treatment?
After All on six treatment, discomfort and swelling may occur. This is expected. Therefore, there should be no worries. The feeling of discomfort decreases after a week.
After the treatment, patients should have frequent check-ups, especially in the first 3 months. These controls are performed to prevent any complications and to reduce the risk of infection. That's why checks are so important. Routine check-ups are decreasing over time.
How is the treatment applied?
All on six dental implants look and work like natural teeth. In this technique, all teeth can be replaced with only 6 implants. Treatment is divided into two steps. These steps are;
1. Placement of implants,
2. Placement of prosthetic teeth.
Who Can Benefit from the All On Six Technique?
Not everyone can be a candidate for the all on six technique. People to whom this treatment cannot be applied;
- Cigarette addicts
In some cases, these people may also be treatment candidates. However, this must be decided by the dentist. For this reason, after the examination, the most appropriate treatment should be determined for you.
This treatment is recommended for patients who have missing teeth or plan to replace the remaining teeth with implants.
Advantages of the All On Six Technique
The advantages of treatment are as follows:
- It is a fixed and permanent method for re-establishing a complete set of teeth. Therefore, it gives these people back the feeling of having their own teeth.
- Improves the quality of life.
Shows rapid recovery.
Allows you to enjoy eating and talking comfortably again.
Allows you to have a pearly smile.
- Thanks to the All on six technique, removable prostheses are not needed.
- Cleaned much easier than prosthetic teeth.
- The duration of treatment is short.
The technique in question is a technique that does not require bone grafting except in exceptional cases.
It is a type of treatment with a high success rate.