Gum (Pınk) Aesthetıcs
For a beautiful smile, it is very important for the gums to look healthy and beautiful, as well as the teeth. The compatibility of the gums with the teeth is another beauty factor. The operation that creates this harmony and is performed in a cosmetic sense is pink aesthetics, or gingival aesthetics, in other words.
Aiming to gain an aesthetic smile, it ensures that the pink aesthetic gums lie symmetrically and aligned between the teeth and fully fill the spaces between the teeth. With this procedure, properly framed teeth and an aesthetic smile are provided.
The relationship of teeth with other teeth and lips, teeth with gums and gums with lips are very important relationships for gingival aesthetics. A healthy gingiva has a pink color, sharp borders on the teeth, non-bleeding, firm consistency and slightly rough texture. Otherwise, the solution is again this aesthetic application.
When is it applied?
Pink aesthetic treatment is a method applied in the treatment of almost all kinds of problems related to the gums. In general, gingival aesthetics is applied in the following cases::
- In the restoration of the deterioration of the gums due to tooth crookedness,
- In the treatment of inflamed and swollen gums,
- In the prevention of gingival recession,
- In the repair of bruised and dark colored gums,
- In the treatment of gingival enlargement,
- In cases where the teeth look smaller than they are due to the gums,
- In cases where the gums are seen more when smiling (gummy smile)
Methods Applied in Pink Aesthetic Treatment
In the treatment of pink aesthetics, not only one procedure is applied, but many different problems are approached with different solutions. Treatment methods used in gingival aesthetics are as follows:
- Regenerative Treatment: It is used in restructuring and treating tissues that have been destroyed due to gingival diseases.
- Gingivectomy: It is the treatment method used in cases of deepening of the pockets between the gums and teeth and gingival enlargement. In this method, the excess in the area is removed, the gums are leveled and the patient gains an aesthetic appearance.
- Gingivoplasty: This method is used to correct excessively visible gums or asymmetrical leveling. When necessary, prosthetic treatments are applied as a complementary treatment (such as lamina, zirconium coating) and the patient is given a more aesthetic appearance.
- Crown Length Extension: In order to tolerate the loss of tissue in the teeth over time, it is a procedure that cuts out the excess gums and reshapes the bone, giving the teeth a longer appearance.
- Gummy Smile Treatment: It is applied when the gums are very prominent in the smile. It is treated using the gingivectomy method and appropriate aesthetics is provided. In some cases where gingivectomy is insufficient, lip positioning can also be performed. Botox and crown lengthening methods can also be applied when necessary.
- Flap Operation: It is an operation applied in advanced periodontitis cases. It is the procedure performed to relieve discomfort such as bleeding, bruising and inflammation in the gums.
- Curettage: It is an operation applied in moderate periodontitis cases. It is applied in the treatment of diseases that are advanced enough to require flap operation.
Advantages of Pink Aesthetics
The treatment and health of the gums is also very important in terms of general oral and dental health. In addition to the aesthetic gains of pink aesthetics, the contributions and advantages of general oral and dental health are as follows:
- Prevents possible gingivitis to occur,
- It is ensured that the teeth become symmetrical,
- Gum texture and color become harmonious and healthy,
- The risk of tooth loss due to caries and caries is reduced,
- Gum recession is prevented,
- Aesthetic concerns are eliminated,
- The odor problem that may have arisen from the gums is eliminated,
- The tissues supporting the teeth become healthy,
- Desired tooth lengths are made proportional to other teeth.
The maximum recovery period after gingival aesthetic treatment is 1 week. Since local anesthesia is applied during the operation, no pain is felt, after which the dentist will recommend a suitable medicine.