How to Use Mouthwash
Mouthwash is a device that deeply cleans the teeth by giving pressurized water to the mouth. It provides cleaning of all blind spots that the toothbrush, floss and interface brush cannot reach. Especially in mouths with bridges and/or implants, using a mouthwash will be more beneficial in terms of providing oral hygiene more effectively.
What is Mouthwash?
Mouthwash is a device that provides effective cleaning by using pressurized liquid in the mouth, between the teeth or between the teeth and neighboring tissues. It is also known as a toothbrush.
The flosser reaches the points where the toothbrush and dental floss cannot reach, and removes the food residues and plaque stuck between the teeth from the oral environment. With its pressure, it reaches much deeper parts of the gingival pocket and provides a more effective cleaning. In this way, it significantly reduces the risk of both caries formation and tartar formation.
It has been proven in studies that the toothbrush provides only 30% hygiene. For this reason , the Mouthwash is one of the indispensable devices in terms of oral hygiene. In particular, people who use implants, prostheses, orthodontic treatment and have gum diseases have to use a dental shower.
What are the Benefits?
Regular use of flossing provides various benefits in terms of oral and dental health. The main benefits of using a mouthwash are as follows:
- It is a good alternative for patients who cannot use dental floss.
- The use of a toothbrush alone is not sufficient for oral cleaning. For this reason, the use of a tooth shower together with a toothbrush is much more effective in terms of cleaning.
- It is very useful in preventing gingivitis, tooth decay, bleeding gums, bacteria, staining, yellowing and bad breath.
- Mouthwash affects the bacterial layer and thickness of the gingival plaques. In this way, it changes the form of plaques by changing the bacterial flora and suppresses the discomforts that may occur in the mouth.
- It provides a deep cleaning by reaching the points where toothbrush and dental floss cannot reach. In this way, it prevents the formation of caries by cleaning the food residues.
- It is very practical to use.
- The use of a mouthwash is very beneficial for cleaning for people who use prostheses and implants, have gum disease, and undergo orthodontic treatment. Because it is not possible to completely clean between the toothbrush and the prosthesis. The same is true for braces used in orthodontic treatment. At the same time, flossing can cause more damage to the gums of people with gum disease. For this reason, pressurized water method is the best solution to these problems, especially for these people.
How to Use a Mouthwash?
It is quite normal for the residues of the foods consumed during the day to remain between the teeth. However, not cleaning these food residues effectively causes deterioration of oral and dental health. For this reason, apparatus such as dental floss and Mouthwash were produced and it was aimed to clean between the teeth. In particular, the tooth shower provides maximum cleaning of the teeth with its features. One of the biggest advantages of the mouthwash is that it is easy to use, practical and comfortable.
The stages of use of the mouthwash are as follows:
- During use, warm water should be put into the water tank. If desired, it is also possible to put mouthwash water. Then, the appropriate nozzle should be attached to the mouth shower and operated.
- The mouth shower has the feature of spraying both water and air at the same time in a pressurized way. In this way, it provides cleaning of the mouth and between the teeth.
- The mouth shower has a 360 degree rotation feature. In this way, it can easily clean every part of the mouth.
People who have crowns, post-implant prosthesis and bridges in their mouths and who are undergoing orthodontic treatment should get detailed information from their dentists about the use of dental flosser.