Transparent Plaque F.A.Q
In this article, we answered the questions about the transparent plaque treatment, which was developed as an alternative to braces, which is among the orthodontic treatments.
What is Transparent Plaque Treatment?
Transparent plaque treatment, or otherwise known as wireless orthodontic treatment, is a type of treatment used instead of metal or porcelain wires that have been used for years. In the treatment of transparent plaque, transparent molds called plaques are produced and used individually.
Disorders in which Clear Plaque Treatment is Applied
Transparent plaques are used in the correction and orthodontic treatment of the following disorders:
- Correction of skewing in teeth.
- Treatment of spaces between teeth.
- Elimination of incorrect closing problems.
What are the Advantages of Transparent Plaque Treatment?
We can briefly list the advantages of transparent plaque treatment as follows:
- It is a good alternative orthodontic treatment since it does not have any wire appearance in terms of aesthetics.
- Being removable provides the opportunity to take a quick break from the treatment. They can be removed and worn by the patient during the day.
- The reason for the pain experienced in braces treatments is the force given to the teeth for 1 month progress. Since the transparent plates are produced for weekly progress, the pain they can cause is minimal.
- Oral hygiene is provided more easily as it can be put on and taken off.
- Since it is not clear when speaking, the person's reservations and troubles in wire treatments are prevented.
- It has a better aesthetic appearance thanks to its transparency.
- Tears and stinging sensation in the oral tissue that occur in normal wire treatments do not occur.
- Another advantage of the removable plates is that there is no discomfort while eating. The troubles experienced while eating on the wire plates are also prevented.
- There is no problem in the movement of the teeth.
How is Transparent Plaque Treatment Applied?
For transparent plaque treatment, the patient is measured by the specialist dentist. These measurements are scanned by a 3D scanner and personalized plaques are prepared. The improvement of the teeth as a result of the use of the plates prepared for weekly use is animated step by step through a computer simulation. After the approval of the patient and the dentist, the plaques are delivered to the patient and the process is followed up with certain controls.
How Long Does Transparent Plaque Treatment Take?
As in every oral and dental treatment, the treatment process is shaped according to the size of the problem in the treatment of clear plaque. To give an average time, the treatment will give the desired result in one to one and a half years.
Is there any difficulty in speaking during the treatment process?
Teeth are very important in speech to produce correct sounds. There may be a slight difference in speaking in the first 1-2 weeks of the treatment, but this small difference will disappear after the acclimation period.
Does Tea, Coffee and Smoking Affect the Color of Plaques?
Consumption of products such as tea, coffee and cigarettes that cause discoloration on the teeth will cause the plaques to turn yellow over time. Since clear plates are prepared weekly, they will not be affected much by any colorant.
What Should Be Done Before and After Transparent Plaque Treatment?
As in all orthodontic treatments, if there is any discomfort in the mouth in the clear plaque treatment, they should be treated first. Treatment should be started by providing oral hygiene with dental calculus cleaning and treatment of caries.
After the treatment, with the recommendation of the dentist, the plates are used for a while to prevent possible deterioration.
Is There an Age Limit for Plaque Treatment?
Although there is no age limit for transparent plaque treatment, some conditions must be met. Young individuals are evaluated for plaque treatment after their permanent incisors and permanent molars have erupted. For older patients, bone levels and dental support tissues should be in good condition.