What Is Bondıng?
Bonding is an aesthetic treatment method applied to make the teeth look aesthetic and beautiful. For this reason, it is frequently investigated by people who have dental problems and are not satisfied with the shape of their teeth. In addition, it is often preferred because it can eliminate the defects in the teeth without any treatment.
WHAT IS BONDING?
Bonding is done without any abrasion on the tooth surface. It is the process of placing the composite filling selected in accordance with the natural tooth color on the teeth or shaping the teeth. It is applied to correct deformities in the teeth. It is also one of the most used techniques among smile design applications.
Advantages of Bonding;
- It can be applied without any abrasion on the teeth.
- The number of treatment sessions is small and can be applied to 4-6 teeth in a single session.
- Provides easy correction of gaps or deformities in the teeth.
- It is a long-lasting application as long as it is well-maintained.
- Its color is close to the color of natural teeth, thanks to the correct polishing and regular annual controls.
- It can be applied without the use of anesthesia in appropriate cases.
WHO IS SUITABLE FOR BONDING TREATMENT?
Bonding application is a process that can be used in many problems. In this way, the number of people who can get the procedure done is quite high.
- People who want to change their tooth color,
- People who want to eliminate the existing deformity,
- People with broken teeth,
- People with diastema,
- People who want to equalize the size of the teeth,
- People with notched appearance on the tooth tips,
- People who want to have a smooth tooth surface appearance can have bonding process.
HOW IS BONDING APPLIED?
Bonding application stages are as follows:
- The first stage is color selection. In this way, it is ensured that the patient's expectations are fully met. Since the color is pre-selected after the application, there is no problem with the color.
- After the color selection, the teeth are prepared. Then, the surface of the tooth is roughened and the medical material necessary for the process to hold is applied to the teeth.
- Then the composite, which is kept ready for attachment to the teeth, is adhered to the teeth.
- Laser technology is used to harden the material adhered to the teeth.
- After the material sticks and hardens, the shaping process is started.
- As the last step, polishing is applied.
The application takes between 30 and 60 minutes. However, this period varies according to the number of teeth to be applied.
THINGS TO CONSIDER AFTER BONDING APPLICATION
- In order to protect the tooth from stains that may occur in the first 48 hours, colored food and beverages should be avoided. Tea, coffee, cigarettes cause the resin material to become discolored.
- Attention should be paid to oral and dental hygiene. The use of products used in dental hygiene such as dental floss and interface brush should not be neglected.
- Routine dental checks should not be interrupted even after bonding application.
- Hard objects such as needles, pens, buckles should not be bitten.
- Impacts to the teeth should be avoided.
- Care should be taken when consuming hard foods such as white chickpeas.
ADVANTAGES OF THE APPLICATION
- One of the biggest advantages of this treatment is the absence of any procedure such as cutting the teeth.
- The price is suitable.
- It also provides fast solutions.
- It is easy to apply.
- Unlike veneers or crowns, it can be done in a single session. The number of sessions varies according to the tooth to be treated.
- Much less enamel is removed than veneers or crowns, or may not be removed at all.
- It protects the teeth against staining.
- After the bonding application, the teeth gain a natural appearance.
- The process can be applied multiple times.
- It ensures that the tooth color is white.