What Is Empress Crown?
Empress crowns are frequently preferred for aesthetic purposes today. Therefore, it has an important place in aesthetic treatments. The fact that it is no different from natural teeth and provides a realistic smile is the main reason for choosing empress crowns.
WHAT IS EMPRESS CROWN?
It is one of the most preferred aesthetic veener types, especially in recent times. It differs from other types of veneers such as zirconium and bridge tooth veneers in terms of structure and content.
It is one of the types of dental coatings that are made without using any metal. Since it is one of the porcelain veneer types, its light transmittance is quite high. In this way, a natural appearance is obtained. It is an ideal option for people who want aesthetic and natural tooth appearance.
Empress coating is prepared by placing glass ceramic on the ceramic piece. In this way, the durability rate is also very high.
SUITABLE SITUATIONS FOR EMPRESS CROWN
- If there are discolorations on the teeth due to the use of antibiotics, fluorine or age,
- In teeth with root canal treatment, which can not get results with the whitening process,
- Teeth with tissue disorder or deformity,
- In teeth with mispositioned teeth,
- In tooth alignment,
- In teeth that have been physically and chemically eroded over time,
- When multiple restorations are required,
- In smile design.
FOR WHICH TEETH ARE EMPRESS CROWNS SUITABLE?
It can be preferred if an aesthetic treatment will be applied on a single tooth. They are not preferred as a bridge in the absence of teeth. It can be used easily especially for the front 5 teeth. It is not a recommended application for posterior teeth. At the same time, it is often preferred for anterior teeth as it gives very successful results in terms of aesthetics.
It is made with the Empress CAD-CAM drill system. The treatment steps are as follows:
- First, the thin layer on the natural tooth structure is removed.
- For Empress crown, the tooth is measured after the teeth are shaped appropriately.
- The tooth is prepared in the laboratory and then rehearsed. At this stage, it is checked whether the produced coating fits your teeth and whether it meets your expectations. Therefore, color, size and shape characteristics are evaluated.
- If any correction is to be made, it is sent back to the laboratory.
- After the necessary arrangements, it is adhered to the tooth with a special adhesive.
At the stage of your tooth cut, a temporary veener is applied to your tooth on the same day. In this way, there is no period of toothlessness in the treatment.
The first session in which the tooth is prepared takes about 30 minutes. But the session times that will take place later are shorter.
After the empress crown application, no need to wait for eating.
EMPRESS CROWN CARE
No other care is required. Regular brushing is necessary for oral and dental hygiene. The point to be considered is that pressure should not be applied as much as the pressure on natural teeth while brushing.
Empress crown veneer is one of the dental veneer methods that offers advantages in many ways. These advantages are as follows:
- There is no purplish color on the edges or gums of the treated teeth.
- It has high light transmittance. In this way, a natural appearance is obtained.
- It does not harm the tooth structure.
- It minimizes the sensitivity of teeth.
- It offers a slippery and smooth tooth structure.
- It prevents tartar formation to a large extent.
- Liquid absorption is low.
- Lithium disilicate and glass ceramic are used in its construction. In this way, its structure is quite durable.
- It has a natural appearance thanks to its color control.
- It has higher retention than other types of crowns.
- It is highly resistant to abrasion.