Why Turkey For Health Tourism?
Patients who do not want to be treated in their country mostly benefit from the services offered by health tourism. In this regard, Turkey is a highly preferred country regarding health tourism, especially in recent years. The economy and the quality of the treatments are the most significant advantages for health tourists.
It is the travel of people who want to receive health-related services to a country different from the country they live in. With the interstate agreements, it has become much easier to get services with health tourism.
HEALTH TOURISM SERVICES IN TURKEY
International patients coming to Turkey can benefit from many services and treatments in Turkey. Health tourism in Turkey provides the following services:
- Cardiovascular surgery
- Pediatric surgery
- Aesthetic surgery
- Brain surgery
- Oncology treatment
- Oral and dental treatments
- Eye health and treatment
In addition, Cyberknife, MR services, robotic surgery, bone marrow transplantation, organ transplantation can be performed.
ORGANIZATIONS PROVIDING HEALTH TOURISM SERVICE
There are 42 health institutions accredited with JCI in international standards for health tourism in Turkey. Public hospitals, university hospitals, and private hospitals, especially in Istanbul and Ankara, are equipped with the most advanced technology.
Translation services are available in Arabic, Russian, English, and German languages at the Health Tourism Department of the Ministry of Health. These interpreting services are used in ALO112 in an emergency ALO184 in case of complaints and hospitals.
All hospitals serve according to international accreditation criteria and are inspected twice a year.
WHY IS TURKEY POPULAR IN HEALTH TOURISM?
There are many different reasons behind the development of health tourism in Turkey and why international patients choose Turkey.
- A structure has been established to coordinate the studies for health tourism. In addition, state policies were developed. In this way, international patients who come to Turkey for health tourism can receive treatment without problems.
- Qualified personnel and sufficient number of personnel in Turkey
- Using modern medical technology in health
- Ease of transportation, close flight distance
- Affordability of treatment costs
- Turkey's ability to provide quality services in health
- Very little or no waiting time
- Socio-cultural similarities
- Presence of other touristic activities accompanying health tourism in Turkey
- To be able to make health tourism in all treatment areas
- Offering personalized and various treatments
- The high number of accredited health institutions and organizations
- Turkey's geographical and strategic location
- Optimum seasonal climate
STRENGTHS OF TURKEY IN HEALTH TOURISM
Health tourism in Turkey provides many advantages for international patients. In addition, Turkey has many strengths.
- Institutions and organizations in Turkey are accredited with JCI, and Turkey ranks 2nd in the world in terms of the number of these hospitals.
- The number of young population in Turkey increases the labor force potential. In this way, there is no shortage of personnel.
- The health services offered are more cost-effective than those in other developed countries.
- Being in the first place in Europe in the number of available thermal resources and many thermal resources can be used for health purposes.
- Having a suitable climate spread over four seasons. There will be no disruption in transportation and health services provided in this way.
- To be able to provide quality health services at European standards.
- Having a highly specialized and qualified personnel resource, mainly medical staff.